Laura Murphy & Associates, LLC is a results-oriented firm based in Washington, D.C., that provides sophisticated public affairs strategies for non-profit and for-profit entities. Our successful interdisciplinary work relies on strong leadership, public policy, communications, and coalition-building skills.
Founded in 2007, we are a minority- and woman-owned firm that has demonstrated expertise in influencing the enormous and complex agenda of federal and local governments in order to advance the needs of the client. We also work with clients to help develop their substantive policy positions and to build the capacity of their staffs to handle difficult public policy issues.
Our track record also demonstrates a commitment to bipartisan engagement and to the inclusion of diverse viewpoints. Clients get the benefit of the Murphy firm's large and influential political and media networks from across the political spectrum and across the country.
Some of the major accomplishments we have achieved on behalf of our clients include:
- Helping to secure millions of dollars in federal funding for worthy charities
- Creating coalitions of people from widely different points of view who would not normally work with each other to resolve problems
- Creating mutually beneficial business-to-business partnerships
- Creating business opportunities for small-, women- and minority-owned businesses
- Building and implementing strategies to advance domestic and international human rights
- Strengthening client partnerships with nongovernmental organizations
- Building relationships with high-level officials in the Bush and Obama administrations
- Successfully drafting legislation and getting it enacted by both houses of Congress and signed into law by the President
- Preparing clients to deliver major public policy speeches, to testify before state and federal legislative bodies, and to work with the United Nations